Wednesday, 20 November 2013

HOLY JESUS BE WITH ME

I am not a great one for the church though I used to go regularly. I was in my late thirties when I joined the church band and started writing songs, this was one of them. It was a favourite among the band members.

HOLY JESUS BE WITH ME
AND TAKE AWAY ALL THE PAIN
HELP ME THROUGH THE SORROW
TILL I CAN RISE ONCE AGAIN

PRAISE TO THE LORD GLORY TO GOD
WAY UP ON HI-I-IGH PRAISE TO THE LORD

I REMEMBER WHEN AS A CHILD
YOU WERE ALWAYS BY MY SIDE
TO EASE ME THROUGH THE SADNESS
TILL I COULD SMILE ONCE AGAIN

PRAISE TO THE LORD GLORY TO GOD
WAY UP ON HI-I-IGH PRAISE TO THE LORD

AND THEN AS I GREW OLDER
THOUGH I TURNED AWAY FROM YOU
WHEN EVER I WAS LONELY
FOR ME YOU ALWAYS CAME THROUGH

PRAISE TO THE LORD GLORY TO GOD
WAY UP ON HI-I-IGH PRAISE TO THE LORD

AND WHEN I'M IN LIFES AUTUMN
AND WINTER IS DRAWING NEAR
I KNOW YOU'LL BE THERE AT THE END
TO HELP ME THROUGH ANY FEAR

PRAISE TO THE LORD GLORY TO GOD
WAY UP ON HI-I-IGH PRAISE TO THE LORD

HOLY JESUS MAKE FOR ME
A PLACE WITH YOU ON HIGH
WHEN MY LIFE IS OVER
I'LL BE THERE BY AND BY


PRAISE TO THE LORD GLORY TO GOD
WAY UP ON HI-I-IGH PRAISE TO THE LORD
PRAISE TO THE LORD GLORY TO GOD
WAY UP ON HI-I-IGH A--- MEN

No comments: