Saturday, 8 June 2013

Slow Down

Out on the highway four hundred miles a day
Looking for a night stop so I can go inside an’ play
There in the distance through the trees I saw a light
And then I saw a sign that said “Stop here for the night”

Slow down, pull in over there
Slow down, find yourself a chair
Slow down, have a beer or three
This is the best-darned night stop that you will ever see.

I stepped down from my truck and moved on through the door
An’ dancing there in front of me, in the middle of the floor
The cutest little red haired babe that you will ever see
I gave her the eye and she was standing next to me.

Slow down, this could take all night
Slow down, this girl would do alright
Slow down why don’t I have another beer
I’m gonna start a party and it starts right here.

While I was dancing and giving her a hug
We were sliding on the floor going chug-a-lug-lug
Her voice was deep, she had stubble on her face
Man Oh man what a terrible mistake

Slow down put it in reverse.
Slow down she’s in a different universe.
Slow down she was a part-time male nurse
I feel so bad someone please call me a hearse

Slow down, slow down, slow down . . . . . (to fade)

Chord sequence

A
Out on the highway four hundred miles a day
E
Looking for a night stop so I can go inside an' play
A
There in the distance through the trees I saw a light
E                                                                             A
And then I saw a sign that said “Stop here for the night"

A
Slow down, pull in over there
D
Slow down, find yourself a chair
A
Slow down, have a beer or three
E                                                                               A
This is the best-darned night stop that you will ever see

No comments: